Translating the source text

In this translation project I began by translating the text very literally into a word document. I did this by using a mixture of my own vocabulary as well as using https://www.softcatala.org/traductor/ and http://www.diccionari.cat/. Once I had that complete I revised it, making it flow better and more suitable to be read in English while also being careful not to stray too far from the meaning of the original source text. I did this through re-ordering sentence structures and also using a thesaurus to find similar words that flow better in the target language. This was difficult and I’m still not 100% happy with how the finished translation reads, but I do believe that it’s as close as I’m going to get. 

 

The final translation can be found here

 

2 opiniones en “Translating the source text”

  1. This is coming together really nicely, Daniel. I am conscious you might need a hand with translating from Catalan, though, so let me know if you want me to look at your draft…

    Great work so far.

    Helena

    1. Thank you for your comment Helena!

      I have sent you an email of my current draft etc. and would be grateful for any feedback if you get a chance to look at it.

      Daniel

Deja una respuesta

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *